Maryam's Daily Musings

..... life is beautiful, live it to the fullest.....

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Surah Al Hadid Verse 20

I was browsing through an old Quran of mine which I bought in 1996. During my stay in Melbourne, I used to refer to that Quran a lot because it had the translations. I used it heavily, especially when I attended Islamic classes which were held every weekend. The pages are so full of my handwritings! And I can still remember the sister who used to lead these classes, her name is Aminah Vanderdrift. Masha Allah.. a very pious and committed sister.

Anyway, I was struck by this verse in the Holy Quran..

"Know that the life of this world is only play and diversion and pageantry and boasting among you, and rivalry in wealth and children. It is as a rain, which brings forth growth pleasing th etillers, then it withers and you see it turning yellow, and it becomes straw. And in the Hereafter there is a painful chastisement, and forgiveness from Allah and His good pleasure, and the life of this world is only the enjoyment of illusion..... (57:20)"

And I have been thinking a lot for the past few days... How much time do I spend in remembrance of Allah??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home